Salads, whether as a starter or as a single dish are a very healthy option.
Ingredients,as a starter for two diners
- 1 large avocado, at its optimum ripening point
- 1 table orange
- 4 slices natural pineapple or boat
- 4 leaves of purple lettuce
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- 4 sheets of escarole or endives
- 4 walnuts
- To season:
- Modena vinegar
- lemon drops
- or, make a lime vinaigrette that adds a touch of exquisite acidity to the salad.
The lime vinaigrette lima is prepared with a limejuice, a splash of oil, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of sugar.
It is ideal if we are on a diet and want to loseweight, to complete the daily menu. and of course for vegetarians.
- Wash and chop vegetables. Put them fixed in a fountain.
- Peel and chop the fruits, adding them over the lettuces.
- Stir the walnuts into pieces.
- Then pour the lime vinaigrette and a few threads of Modena vinegar on top to garnish it.
This salad of course supports variations, as it can be combined with a supply ofprotein : chopped hard-boiled egg, or turkey breast or chopped chicken breast. Adding protein increases the satiating effect, so it will take longer to eat. And in this way, we maintain the diet and take care of our health.
Whether it is fully vegetarian or protein- provided, what we recommend is that the touch of citrus and dressing be maintained. Since it combines beautifully with the ingredients of the recipe.
It is very appetizing both in summer for freshness and lightness, and in winter for its contribution in vitamin C.
Have a good time!