Orange donuts are a sweet of traditional Mediterranean cuisine. They are easy to prepare and also do not require much time. Once prepared they can be kept for a few days being tender and soft. The fritters are usually served at Christmas and above all it is very common to find it in village fairs, they are very typical in celebrations such as in Holy Week, in the Valencian falles and the Day of All Saints.
- 1 and a half glass of flour
- 1/2 yeast envelope
- 3 eggs
- 1 big orange
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Sunflower oil for frying
- To begin with, we wash theorange, we grate the bark, remove the white skins and cut it into small portions. Then we crush it into a chopper.
- Add the 5 tablespoons of sugar and 3 milk to the crushed orange, remove and set this mixture into a bowl.
- Then, in a bowl we pour the flour and yeast. Add the 3 beaten eggs and mix the ingredients to make them well integrated.
- We gather all the ingredients, knead and work the mixture until we get a homogeneous dough.
- We put the oil to fry in a frying pan, and when it is hot, pour small portions of the dough with the help of a spoon to make the donuts.
- Finally, when the donuts are warm, we batter them with a little sugar before serving.
We leave you a video of the Mallorcan Products channel and with that touch of liquor that they give, you will like it.
Do you dare to make orange donuts?